Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't transfer current call while second call rings without hitting ignore first

Status
Not open for further replies.

scudworth

Technical User
Oct 19, 2012
CA
The situation is as follows:

Reception is using a 1416 phone and is part of a hunt group.
On the phone are programmed 6 Call Appearances
Call 1 comes into the group and is presented on the phone on CA1
Call 1 is answered
Call 2 comes in on CA2

Now in the past, Call 1 would still be able to be transferred via the dedicated hard transfer key on the phone while Call 2 is ringing.

However, and this is whats confusing me, the transfer key does nothing until the ignore button, which shows up on the screen, is pressed.

For some history, this system had this start happening when upgraded to R11.0.4. It was then upgraded to R11.1 and it worked as normal(could transfer) for a WEEK only, then back to how it is now.

What could be causing this behaviour? I've tried this on a 9508 and the same thing happens. Any idea or setting that I've missed that could be causing this?

The ringing call has taken focus on your phone. Use the scroll button to move back the the call you want to transfer, putting it into focus instead. Make your transfer and then answer the ringing call.

Or, turn off Show Waiting Call, Features > Call Settings > Show Waiting Call, set to Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back