Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't transfer calls that are in uniform dialing plan:

Status
Not open for further replies.

tconn

IS-IT--Management
Nov 30, 2001
US
Definity G3 Rev 11 (CM1.3)

I have noticed when calls are transferred, you cannot complete the transfer if the destination extension is listed in the uniform dialing plan table. I have redirects setup so that 4 digit extensions are redirected to their new 5 digit extension which is on a newer PBX connected by a TIE PRI.

Only if I transfer out by dialing 9+10digitDID can the transfer be completed.

Any suggestions?

Did you do a list trace station (xxxx) on the station that was trying the transfer?

Its probably one of two things. Trunk to trunk transfer is not set correctly, or someting his hosed in the UDP table.

For example udp is usually something like 222. Your aar ana is 7 digits. So the number outpulsed is 222xxxx. You need to strip the 3 udp digits, and add the 5th digit on the "new" pbx side.

Do a list trace thought to see what it says.

RTMCKEE

CM 2.1.1
Prologix R9.05
Modular Messaging 1.1

I'll try the trace. The calls completes when you hits transfer the first time, but it won't successfully transfer the call. I'll dig into the trunk-to-trunk transfer settings also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back