Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't suppress main report footer containing subreport, when subreport is suppressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilB2

Programmer
Nov 6, 2003
US
When my subreport group header (the only non-suppressed section in the subreport) is suppressed via a suppression formula, the main report footer containing the subreport is not suppressed, even though Suppress Blank Section is checked in the main report footer Section Expert.

Evidently, the footer is not considered blank when, in the subreport itself, the group header is suppressed.

Would one solution be to set up a variable in both reports, give it a value in the subreport when the subreport suppresion formula is true, and pass the variable back to the main report to be used in the suppression formula for the main report footer?

The result of the non-suppression is a narrow (top-to-bottom) blank area. I've minimized the width, because the subreport can grow, so the extra space is barely noticeable, but I'd still like to figure out how to eliminate it entirely.

I read a post from '04. All I had to do was, under the format subreport tab under format (for the subreport), check Suppress Blank Subreport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back