Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't stop job, even after reboot 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallwaveEmp

Technical User
Aug 30, 2002
Have ArcServe 2k, SP4, and a job that seems to be hung. Executing a "stop job" gives me an error "Failed to stop this job." I have rebooted the server, and the Manager indicates that the job is still running.

Can anyone help me stop this job?

On the job status screen get the QueueID number and then exit Arcserve. Go to the following folder:\program files\computerassociates\arcserve\0000001.qsd. In this folder delete the file with the QueueID numberyou got earlier. Once deleted go back into Arcserve job status screen. The job should now show corrupt.....delete the corrupted job. You will have to recreate the job now. Let us know what happens.

Worked, Thanks.

Is this a known bug? I could not find it.

I don't think it's on their website. I learned this over time working with the product.

See this method I sent to my team regarding stopping jobs which won't. Note that you can use the 0000000#.job files like scripts and add them back in. The best method is to cancel the alerts on the desktop if you can. Also the patch mentioned earlier did stop most occurances of this, it replaces the ascore.dll which has had so many fixes that CA couldn't tell me which was the best to use at one point!

1. Stop job engine
2. Take a note of the job ids of the maverick jobs
3. Cut and Paste the job files relating to the maverick jobs \ARCserve\00000001.qsd\0000000#.job (this step only necessary if scripts have not been saved)
4. Delete the chk files from the job queue folder \ARCserve\00000001.qsd\0000000#.chk (note: these files always occur when the jobs are running, so be sure the job has hung)
5. Delete the qsys.quf file from the job queue folder, this will recreate when you restart the job engine (do not delete the qsys.qjf file)
6. Kill asrunjob.exe processes - there should be one for each job running, but they may have timed out.
7. Restart the job engine, maverick jobs will have gone
8. Either add jobs again from script, or
Copy 0000000#.job files back to original folder - this can then be added as with scripted jobs, but will schedule to run straight away (can be put on hold if done quickly)

Sounds complicated but it works for me.

Cheers, Andy.

Thanks, I just encountered this same problem after a power failure during our backup. (ice storm) The steps here worked great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back