Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't stop an admin1 session or exit overlay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowtalks

Technical User
Mar 19, 2005
US
I accessed a CS1000E 5.5 remotely thru a modem yesterday to look at the system time since I realized I hadn't redefined the Daylight savings in the switch and found out that time was off. I went into ld 2 at admin1 and remembered I needed to be at admin2 level to change the parameters. I couldn't exit the overlay, end, ****, nothing worked. I could do whatever I wanted to in ld 02, I just couldn't get out of it. I stopped the modem session, and I went on sight to power down the modem. I waited overnight and this morning dialed the modem with the same results, I was still in ld 2. Going back on sight, I accessed the switch through elements manager and admin2, and I see that tty 01 is active with admin1 session. FORC 1 fails and says that the overlay is still active. I ended up having to INI the system to get it to release the session.

My question is: WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?

Jim

NCSS NCTS NCTE

If I remember right, there was a PEP that corrected an issue with Load 2, out in December of 09'. Is your system up to date?

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help? Call Me Now!

Not since last fall...I'll look for the pep

NCSS NCTS NCTE

I don't suppose you would have the pep number for that would you?

Thanks, Jim

NCSS NCTS NCTE

What type of processor does your CS1000E have? I looked through the ESPL site and did not see a PEP that fit that description ( I used CPPM as the processor ).

It's a 5.5 with a CPPM. The only PEP I saw that came close was about Daylight Savings Time

NCSS NCTS NCTE

Can you disable the TTY port to disconnect the session?

Thanks,

Buddy

This post was an after-the-fact post. I fixed the problem through INI.

After-the-fact, I thought about disu the tty, but FORC X is similar action and the system wouldn't allow that so I'm not sure a disu would have worked. I'm sure outing the tty would have though.

NCSS NCTS NCTE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back