Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cant start database after fresh intallation

Status
Not open for further replies.

yiutin03

MIS
May 15, 2003
HK
I have just install ARCserveIT 6.6 for NT workgroup on my windows 2000 server and choose the default database storage for the database, but when I stared, it prompt that the database engine failed to start...

any idea?

The ARCserveIT 6.61 server is not supported on Windows 2000! It should work fine on an NT 4 box though.

but I've just found that, there were backup record in ARCserveIT 6.61 on another windows 2000 with MSSQL as the database

There was a version of 6.61 support for Windows 2000.

so do you know if it is an only choice to choose SQL as the database? can I use the built-in database from ARCserve?

Inorder for 6.61 to run properly on Windows 2000, you must apply the 6.61 support patches for Windows 2000. Then you can choose to configure with MS SQL or use the built-in database (VLDB) from ARCserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back