Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant SSH into the signaling server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFrey

Programmer
Dec 20, 2009
US
So I can browse to the UCM and get into the Linux Base at 192.168.XXX.XXX. When I try to putty to the same IP address and get in via ssh it returns access denied. I am using the same username and password that lets me in through the browser. Below is the error I am getting from putty:

login as: xxxxxx

Nortel Networks Linux Base 7.00
The software and data stored on this system are the property of,
or licensed to, Nortel Networks and are lawfully available only
to authorized users for approved purposes. Unauthorized access
to any software or data on this system is strictly prohibited and
punishable under appropriate laws. If you are not an authorized
user then do not try to login. This system may be monitored for
operational purposes at any time.

xxxxxx@192.168.xxx.xxx's password:
Access denied
xxxxxx@192.168.xxx.xxx's password:

FFrey, I hate to say this, but welcome to my world. I have been having this problem OVER AND OVER. One way around it that I have found - Go into the UCM and create a new user with full control, then go through the password change process on the website. Then SSH with that new user name into the switch and SU to root, that should get you in, then here are my notes:

. Log in as nortel and SU to root. Type the following:
chage -l OrigionalUSERNAME This will tell you if the password is expired or not. If so, do this:
chage -M 3650 OrigionalUSERNAME This will change the expire time for that account to 3650 days.
You should be able to log in as OrigionalUSERNAME, if not you should at least be able to reset the password from the ucm password reset link.

Another thought was to reboot that signaling server. Since they have a secondary server, they shouldnt drop calls while that is rebooting right?

I would think the calls would drop, but my 2, one is for SIP and one is for IP traffic. I hope a reboot works, but I have found in my shoes it never does. :(

FFrey, were you able to resolve this? If so what was the fix?

i have the same error ... cant log for SSH but i can log with ucm web page...

Maybe the count of wrong access is expired .
Use admin 2 for enter via ssh ( admin2 never expire )
and check the account log

if you logged in before, you might have to delete the ssh key file on the local pc, it might be trying to use an old on maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back