Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't setup new users for Lotus Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

neonrh

IS-IT--Management
Aug 8, 2002
US
I have Lotus Notes installed as a published app on a 1.8 server using NFuse. I have several users who use it fine, however if I try to add a new user, then Notes starts (the window opens with the grey background) but before any prompt comes up, the window closes. I tried this both locally at the server and through NFuse and get the same results. Would anyone know what could be wrong? Just for reference, I do the following:

1. When users are at their workstation and launch Notes, a batch file copies their ID, bookmark.nsf, desktop file to a Notes folder under their personal user folder on the network. When they connect to the published Notes app on Citrix, it copies the files down locally to the Citrix server and then launches Notes.

TIA

Hi,

Strange situation for a case in which you have already
configured other users: usually problems come at the first.

Brainstorming :

1) which operations have you done at the server between
deploying other users and this one ? (installation of
other packages, Office or other ? )

2) have virtual disk as W:

3) are there differences in user profile ?

4) try to copy manually by admin (cmd window) those file
before user connects, to see if there are errors, and disable automatic copy for test ?

5) another user ?

good luck

if I remember correctly the command line for starting notes is

nlnotes.exe =X:\some_dir\notes.ini

I believe that if the path to the notes.ini isn't specified and the application can't find it (e.g. in the notes\ or data\ directories than it will exit.

could this be the case? where is the user's notes.ini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back