Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't set SIP signaling group to not add '+'

Stinney

IS-IT--Management
Nov 29, 2004
US
I cannot set my SIP signaling group not to add '+' to outgoing calls. If I create a new SIP signaling group the default is set to n and I don't change it, but as soon as I save it it changes it to y and I can't change it back to n. Any thoughts?

I'm guessing that on your SIP Trunk-Group the Service Type is set to Public-Network. Try changing it to Tie.

CM assumes that a Public SIP Trunk-group is connecting to the PSTN through a SIP Service Provider. In such cases, the SIP Serviced Provider requires that the Called-number be formatted as E.164. And of course, E.164 numbers are identified by the leading '+' sign. So, CM automatically adds the '+' sign.

CM assumes that a TIE trunk is connecting to other servers within your environment. In such case, the private numbering scheme could be whatever you need it to be. In that case, CM does not assume it would be an E.16 number, and consequently does not add the leading plus sign.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back