Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't send but can forward e-mails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boyds

MIS
Aug 17, 2001
US
I've got a couple of users in my building who are having difficulties. They compose a new message and send it to the recipient it comes back with an ndr. When they open the same e-mail up from their sent items and forward it, it goes with no problem. This only happens with one recipient in China.

We are using exchange 5.5 sp4 and the clients are outlook 2000.

Thanks.

Examine the headers of both emails. In Outlook this is done under view/options with the email opened.

Find the difference between what works and what doesn't.

I'll check that out. Meanwhile, here is the ndr they get.

Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 5:23 PM
To: xxxxxxxxx(E-mail); xxxxxxxx(E-mail);
xxxxxxx (E-mail)
Subject: Undeliverable: hello

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: hello
Sent: 2/10/2004 5:23 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

xxxxxxxxxxx (E-mail) on 2/10/2004 5:23 PM
Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure
The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=xxxxxxxxxx;l=xxxxxxxxxxx-040210222237Z-1496

xxxxxxxxxx (E-mail) on 2/10/2004 5:23 PM
The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=xxxxxxxxxxxx;l=xxxxxxxxxx-040210222237Z-1496

xxxxxxxxx (E-mail) on 2/10/2004 5:23 PM
The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=xxxxxxxxxxx;l=xxxxxxxxxxx-040210222237Z-1496
MSEXCH:IMS:xxxxxxxxxxx:xxxxxx:xxxxxxxx 3553 (000B09AA) 553 Mail data refused by AISP, rule [227753].

I've checked out e-mails that do go through and e-mails which don't. I don't see any header info on either of them. The ones that don't go all come up with the communications failure message.

Can anyone at least tell me what AISP is?

Thanks

Boyds, Did you ever get resolution on this? I am having similar issues and wondered if you'd found a fix.
Thanks,
aliciaJ

Sorry, I'm still stuck with this issue. (haven't had much time lately) Will be getting back to it shortly and will let you know if I come up with anything new.

The only issues I've found w/ google revolve around DNS and/or issues on the recieving server (mail down or whatever...)
However, mine was in transporting messages from one site to another in my own org. So I'm not sure...
One thing I found to try was to make sure that the sender doesn't have a bad address for that intended rcpt in the sender's own outlook contacts. Or to flush the DNS cache... I don't know if that'll fix yours or not....

aliciaJ

Same problem here. NDRs just occasionally. No rhyme or reason. And mine can send to the same address at a different time, just not when the problem happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back