Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't select paper size in pagemaker 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I am having a problem with pagemaker, namely I can't choose the size paper I want to print on. There is still the box to choose from but when I go to options it has
"Whatever I've selected" -> superA3/B. I don't know what the arrow means but the superA3/B never changes. It's an epson 1160 and it seems to print fine in the other applications. help would be much appriciated.

Ishmael: Advice, if it is a Postscript printer:
Search the file *.PPD for this printer on the printer CD.
Copy *.PPD to the PageMaker ...PPD4 folder.
(you can find the folder by Win search, keyword "*.PPD".
Then select in the printer control box this PPD.
The PPD shows all features of a specific PS printer.
Please use ONLY printer Styles instead of individual settings
for each job - test them and delete later all those which
don´t work satisfying.
If it´s not a PS printer: try new install in Win.
Hope this helps. ---Gernot

I want to print envelopes (manual feed from Tray 1) in the HP Colour Laser 4550 printer. There appears to be no envelope sizes whatsoever in the Pagemaker 65 PS driver. I tried with MS Word and it was there. But nothing in PM65. Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem?
Thanks
John

Hello,
If it is a Postscript printer then search your harddrive for the PPD files. Find the one(s) for your printer then copy it.
Then paste a copy of the ppd into the PPD4 folder in the PageMaker Folder on your hard drive.
The PPD is what gives you the options of paper size, sorting and etc.
Also you can edit the language of the ppd using notepad.
I have never done this myself but I know it can be done so the paper size you require shows up.
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back