Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Seem To Log On to Subreports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

clydejones

Programmer
Jan 11, 2001
US
Hi Everybody,

I have an ASP application that runs cr 9.0 reports. The code I am using to log on to the main report and subreports here at the office is:

Set DatabaseTablesCollection = Session ("oRpt").Database.Tables
For Each Table in DatabaseTablesCollection
Table.SetLogonInfo "", "", "userID", "password"
Next

set dbLogon = session("oRpt").Database.Tables.Item(1)
dbLogon.SetLogonInfo cStr(serverName), CStr(dbName), CStr(userID), Cstr(password)

The problem is on one of our client's machine that once had cr 8.5 on it, this code does not work if I leave the subreports on the report. Here is the message I get:

Craxdrt Error Occurred On Server -2147189176
Details: ADO Error Code: 0x80040e4d
Source: Microsoft OLEDB Provider for SQL Server
Description: Login failed for user "userID"
SQL State: 4200
Native Error: 18456

This message doesn't tell me much as how to correct the problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Clyde

Hi

if your client has cr 8.5
it will not work since your report is cr 9
its not reversible

cheers

pgtek

pgtek,

Thanks for your reply. cr 8.5 was unistalled from the clients machine.

hi

did you use the microsoft uninstall?

pg

pgtek

Hi
Also did u crate long on for the sub report?
If not you have to create taht

cheers

pgtek

pgtek,
Thanks for your reply. We went through the add remove programs utility to remove cr8.5. The code I originally posted logs onto the main and subreports here at the office and other places. I will look at the link you sent and see if anything comes up for logging onto subreports.

Thanks Again,
Clyde

vidru,

Thanks for your reply, but in the subreport examples the subreports are hardcoded. How can I count the number of subreports per report and get the name of each report. I guess that's how I would have to do it. It's strange that the first code I posted works at the office and other places for logging onto the main and subreports. I got the above code from a crystal decisions' tech before they stopped the complimentary phone help. This is a very strange situation.

Thanks Again,
clyde

hi
HA HA i see now

you can't use the add and remove program to remove crystal.
This will not remove all the dll and the registry keys

you need the crystal software to completly remove the old version.

cheers

pg

pgtek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back