Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't see Video of Quicktime Sprite

Status
Not open for further replies.

DondeSk

Programmer
Mar 27, 2006
AG
Hello.
I've been having troule seeing the video for my quicktime sprite. When it's placed on the stage I can hear the audio, but the screen is white. Any ideas as to why this is so?

If anyone could help, I'd appreciate it. New to Macromedia DMX here. *embarrassed*

If you mean in the Property Inpector in the "Quicktime" tab where you see the other options of enabling and disabling "Audio","DTS","Paused","Loop","Controls" and "Streaming" then yes I have "Video" checked there. Still the white screen with audio. :(

It apparently does this for more than one .mov files. I downloaded dvcontrol.dir ( )and the movie file within it did the same thing with the white screen and the audio playing. I know how to check codec for .avi files but I'm not sure about what program to use for .mov.

I have these other little querries. Sorry to ask so many but I need to understand what's going on with my configuration.

According to the Help file of MX the button icon must look like this:
butC.jpg

However, mine looks like this when I create a button from the tools menu:
but.jpg

When I try double clicking on it, I can't get to edit it from the stage. I have to go to the Property Inpsector area.

I even have problems with simple codes where I get some handler error. Strange because I know for sure my code is syntatically correct.

on mouseup
member(35).word[2].hyperlink = " member(35).word[2].hyperlinkState = #normal
end

I get this error when I press "Play" and click on the 2nd word in channel 35:
hyper.jpg

From this I tried another way, and tried using this menu:
tI.jpg

..to add a hyperlink to some text. However, I cannot access the "Hyperlink Data" field.

Next problem is, shouldn't I be able to type this: " in my script area? I have to actually type the double quotes in notepad and then copy and paste it into MacDMX script menu.

Have I gone mentally retarded? Surely it is not the software. I haven't been messing with the settings as I only begun to use MX about 2 weeks ago and I don't interfere with settings I don't undertand.

Really sorry for the long post, but I just don't understand why I have these little problems when they are supposed to be defaulted to working.

One thing at a time - for your MOV codec, open your MOV in QuickTime player and do Ctrl + i or Command + i (PC/Mac). What does "Format" say? Is there any difference in codecs between your problem MOV and working MOV?

Kenneth Kawamoto

Thankyou. This is what the menu says for the .mov file obtained from the dvcontrol.dir I mentioned earlier.

This is the menu for another .mov file.

Neither of these files work when I try to play them in Director. The white screen is all that I have to enjoy. :(

Alot of thanks for all your help. I know this must be frusterating.

Thankyou for all your help. I got it fixed. FINALLY!!!! Here's what I did eventually. Removed quicktime and Macromedia. Ran a cleaner(CCleaner) that would delete any existence of them being on my pc. Then I first re-installed director, after which I opened a .mov file with it to make sure Director dectected no existence of quicktime. Then I re-installed quicktime. Then Walla, when I open the same .mov files it worked!!!! I'm so happy!

I know I should have done this a while back, but in order to re-install my quicktime I had to re-install my i-tunes. (It's one lumpy .exe with no choices) I feared that if I did, when I conneted my I-pod to the pc that the automatic updater defaulted within the first setup would delete all my songs. Ya-de ya de ya. THANKS Kenneth. You've been a great help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back