Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant see other Cubes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

benaround

Programmer
Dec 2, 2003
US
I have installed AS, allocated a cube local to a server. I have allocated a local cube, processed with dims and measures, etc. no problem. I can do Crystal Reports, etc. no problem.

When I try to do any remote access, from the Administrator account only, I can only get the FoodMart cube; other accounts there is no connection made. I cannot get AS to access the cube

We run Novel 6, no domain only workgroup(so no Active Directory), installed SP3, I'm using Crystal Reports and Analysis to do my accessing of the cube. The cube is on the data warehouse server, and the data comes from a non-local server.

Have you set up the roles on the Analaysis Services database (right click ..manage roles)?
The foodmart sample database usually has an 'all user' role already set up

You are correct 100% and have helped me a great deal. I just did not realize the effect of roles and local vs remote access.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back