Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't see my Items in my Mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajrey

MIS
Feb 25, 2002
US
Hello all! Im using Exchange 2000 and Im having a weird issue. I opened my Outlook and I cant see anything. All folders are empty but when I go to Exchange Manager it says that my mailbox has 425 items in it which is right. Why this happened and how can I read my items again?

Any Ideas?

Make sure you don't have a filter applied that only show's new items. In outlook click on view, then arrange by, then custom and make sure a filter isn't applied.

Nick

Might also want to check and see if there is PST on the desktop or if you are missing on in general

This issue is hapening to all users, not just me. I had to defrag the database because it was acting weird but is working fine and all services are working fine.

Is there anything that I need to run to sync my outlook with my database?

Any ideas?

If you ran a defrag (via eseutil I assume), then you should also run isinteg. Although eseutil is handy for cleaning out an infostore, it does not see infostore databases as Exchange Server databases. There may still be a bunch of errors in your infostore file. And it will cause weird stuff like blank folder, non-existant emails. Blank emails. folders linked in the wrong place, etc.

1. Rule is always have a backup of your infostore, but I know sometimes that is not always reality. Anyway whenever I do a defrag on an Exchange server I also finish it off with isinteg. This is the command I run:

From C:\program files\exchsrvr\bin:

isinteg -s <servername> -fix -test alltests

It will prompt you on which infostore you want to run the utility. And you should have the store dismounted.

Also when it runs through the test be sure to verify if there were errors or not. If there are errors I keep re-running isinteg until there are no more errors reported.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Get a backup first. I have never lost a store doing this, but well, you know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back