Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cant see media changer in device manager or device config

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 8, 2002
US
Just installed a new Compaq SSL 2020 tape unit along with Arcserve 7.0 build 1100. Applied arcserve sp4 and additional
post sp4 patches. When I go into device config it tells me there is no changer attached to the server. Go into device manager, can see the tape, but not the medium changer. When I rebbot the server I see the SCSI bios sees the compaq tape unit so I dont think it is a controller problem. I checked the scsi id,s and all is ok. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Zip

On a Dell PowerVault 120T autoloader we have here it detects 2 SCSI devices for the autoloader at boot. One if the unit itself and the other is the changer on a different SCSI ID. Do you get two devices showing?

Check if your SCSI controlller supports multile LUN's and if so, if it is enabled. Otherwise the controller cannot separate changer and tape drive and thus will show to you only the tape drive

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back