Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't see HTML mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

mviltan2

Technical User
Jun 12, 2001
GB
When I get an HTML mail it show's something attached rather then viewing the actual web page. I know you can as I've seen it before, I was just wondering if there was an option you had to turn it on.

You can try

1. Create new mail.
2. Click View
3. Select HTML.
4. Cancel email.

There are a number of TID's on support.novell.com about it. have a search there to try some of the suggested fixes. Lee Smith
Xenon Network Services
Snr. Technical Support
LSmith@xenon-uk.co.uk

You should be aware that the c3po needs Internet Explorer installed.

John

Because GroupWise works well with MS Internet Explorer, make sure you have version 4.0 or higher installed. Netscape won't work. This will ensure that you are able to view attachments in their HTML format. This will also give you the option to set up the HTML tool bar on your messages.

Stars

First of all, you have to make sure that MS Internet Explorer is loaded on this workstation. Next, you have to re-load the GW client, making sure to select HTML support. This option only appears if you have the IE files that it needs. The HTML option appears on the screen that asks what part of GW you want to install (i.e. GroupWise client, GW Desktop, etc.). That should do it - Good luck!

I have a workstation that will not give me the option to view HTML email. I installed IE 5.0 before re-installing GW(used Groupwise Cleaner and rebooted first). I get the option to install the C3PO HTML viewer when installing, but when I load Groupwise, I do not get the option to view HTML email. There is something missing (software) on this PC, I just dont know what. It is a 233 IBM compatible running Windows 95. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

A couple of questions:
What version of Groupwise are you running?
Are you getting any error messages?

Johncurtis,
It is Groupwise 5.5 (no enhancement pack) and no error messages. All the other workstations this appears to work(I havent tested all 50+). Thanks.

You didn't specify which version of Groupwise 5.5 you're running, so the first thing is to make sure you're using 5.5.4.
We've had an issue with a workstation also running Netscape Communicator 4.7 where upgrading to 4.78 solved the html problem.
If this isn't the problem then the next thing you should do is to open a different mailbox on the workstation and see if the problem recurs. If it does then reinstall the c3po (download it from and try again.
Post back if you still have problems.
John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back