Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't see files under C:\Temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hargreavesk

Technical User
Jul 18, 2001
GB
Can anyone help???

I am unable to see any files in C:\temp under Windows Explorer. However, when I go to a Dos prompt, the files are viewable. This is disrupting a number of macros and I wondered if anyone had come across this before.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Kate

If you look under View > Options in Explorer is the 'show all files' option selected?

John

John,

I have checked the show all files options but am still unable to view the files. I am also unable to export to the directory. It looks like the directory has been made a systems folder. Is there any way I can stop it from being so?

Thanks

Kate

Try checking the permissions of the folder (Right-click folder > properties > security tab > Permissions.) What rights do you have for this folder?

John

Had this problem - something to do with a skrewy startup script supplied by head office. It included creating folders with names like C:\%USERNAME% (i.e. the substitution failed) and C:\Temp was taken by IE for its history.

Had to logon as local Administrator to clear up the problem - a network user with admin priviledges was not enough! Sorry, I was too frustrated by then to analyse the situation - I just deleted and recreated the folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back