Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't see files to Restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

rczarnecki

IS-IT--Management
May 9, 2002
US
I am trying to restore some files but can't see anything under the session. I have merged the files back and they are on the tape but still won't show up. I am using Arcserve 7 on netware 6 with the lastest patches for both products. I sure could use some help.

Your Arcserve database has become corrupt. You need to rename or delete the database folder in your server's arcserve directory. There should be an emptydb folder at the same directory level as your database folder. Once you have renamed your database folder, create a new folder named database. Next, copy the contents in emptydb to the new database folder. Merge your tape back into this new database, and you should be able to see all the data on your tape. You will need to merge all tapes dating prior to creation of this new database before you can restore.

Creating a new database does not delete your scripts and settings. Only the tape information is lost, and since you cannot properly access that data, it's best to start off clean. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back