Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't see fields??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZENYO

IS-IT--Management
Nov 22, 2001
US
Heelo,

Every morning we run a daily sales report. When I run the report, I can't see two of the fields. Anyone else that runs the report doesn't have a problem, it's just me. I can see all but two fields. It's really weird. I was on a 98 machine but have recently moved to 2000. I am using crystal 7. Anyone heard of this?

Thanks

Do you have a different printer? This can effect both the printout and the display of the report. Ken Hamady, On-site/Phone Crystal Reports Training/Consulting
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB

Well, My default printer has always been an HP4050, I have recently installed a cannon IR 330 (laser/Copier). I don't think it's a printer problem becuase I just installed Win2000 (dual boot) and I tried to run the report first through ACCPAC (without even having Crystal Reports installed) then with Crystall Reports (Both before I installed any printers) and then after I installed the printers. As far as I can tell, It's just one report, So Far. This is really wierd.

Allan

Only a minority of objects, on one report, on one PC. Not sure what to say.

Can you make a copy of the report, delete these objects and re-add them as a test?

Can you try running it to a different printer? Remember that even the preview uses the printer driver. Ken Hamady, On-site/Phone Crystal Reports Training/Consulting
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB

I don't know if this will help but I had a problem with disappearing fields that turned out to be caused by bad links between tables. As soon as I reconfigured my links, everything started displaying correctly.

Do you have a copy of the report on each computer or is it on the Network? If you each have a copy, then maybe your links have become corrupted.

After this experience I shut off the auto linker and set my own up.

Just a thought.

Does the report show the fields correctly when executed from the Designer on your PC? If this is a distributed report you may be missing some DLLS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back