Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't See Embeded Image

Status
Not open for further replies.

KUZZ

Technical User
Aug 13, 2002
GB
Hi,
Just converted from Access 2000 to Access 2003 SP2. I have a database which has embedded thumbnail images for every single record. When browsing records on form all old images/thumbnails display no problem. However when inserting new images, the form no longer displays the image, it displays the file icon (e.g. Microsoft Photo Editor) and file name underneath. Under properties for thumbnail control Display type is = "content". I can only see actual content of embedded thumbnail if I double click on the control. Could someone please advise on how to get the image to show automatically. Please note that images are embedded, not linked.

Good luck,
Kuzz

"Time spent debating the impossible subtracts from the time during which you
can try to accomplish it."

I am having the same problem. Have you ever figured out a solution?

Thanks,

What is your Image extension??

try with bmp file, Is it same?
if by bmp is ok, then in your office 2003 there is some dll shortage in compare of your office 2000.

Ali

Tried the bmp... Nothing, not even the path. One thing I have noticed is that it works on another computer. I can insert the photo with no problems. When I open the file on my new pc, I can see all of the photo inserted with the old pc, but when I try to insert a new photo with the new pc, all I get is the link. Both pcs have access 2K2 and the file format is set to access 2k. The old pc has sp2 and I installed sp3 on the new pc. No change in the behavior of displaying paths instead of the image itself. I wanted the images to be embedded because I take the database with me on a memorystick. If I link the images, that would get ineresting when I go from pc to pc. I found a way last night to build the path to the images based on the current project path statement. I basicaly accomplished this by inserting a image using the toolbar named image83. Set picture type to linked and inserted an image. I then inserted a text box named Path and set the visibility to no. I used the Path textbox to build the image path. All of my records have serial numbers associated with them. I named my photos by their respective serial number. I created a folder in the same folder as the database and named it Photos. This is where I saved the images. I already had a textbox named SN for the serial number of each record.

I inserted the follwing code in the On Current event of the form:

'Set the Path textbox to the image path
Me.Path.Value = CurrentProject.Path & "\Photos\" & Me.SN & ".jpg"

'Set the image path to the path just created in the path textbox.
Me![Image83].Picture = Me![Path]

I have not tried it on a different pc to see if it works, but I hope I can copy the folder that contains the database and Photos folder to my memory stick and take to a different pc and the currentproject.path will allow all of my image links to work...

I will report back when all is verified... This could take me a couple of days since this is one of my personal projects.

The above techniqe worked when I save the folder which contained my database and folder of images to my memory stick. When I opened my database on a different pc, the currentproject.path function found its new directory and all my links worked great! When I get time, I will try and write a FAQ...

This works.

The only change I made was: instead of Me.SN, I used Me!SN

Thanks for the code enuf4u!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back