Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't see brick level for individual boxes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javy1

Technical User
Jul 25, 2002
US
I succesfully installed the Backup Agent for Microsoft Exchange 2000 into Arcserve 2000 sp4 Win2K server running sp3. I was even able to perform a successful brick level backup of a Exchange box. I am also able to do backups of the information store. However, after that succesful backup, the thing has not work since then. The problem is that when I expand the Microsoft exchange brick level backup and then click on the + sign to expand the individual boxes I get nothing, no event a error message. I try many approaches to get it to work again but no dice. Any help here will be deeply appreciated.

Regards,

Javy

Try recycling the backup agent rpc server service on the exchange server by going to the services..
Thanks just check it man

Seems to work. Thanks a lot!!!

Hi
I'm italian, and I don't speak very well english.

I've the same problem.
What mean "Try recycling the backup agent rpc server service"?
I've try to restart, stop, start the service but nothing.
I've set again the user and the password, and now only when I try to open the brick level the arcserve tell me that the user or the password is wrong, but others things go very well.
:(
I try also to reconfigure the BACKUP CLIENT by the application, but no error return to desktop.
You can help me?

Hi EskevarMkDrake I have the same problem too. I made a full gray backup and I have no error but when I tried to restore a mailbox I do not find any brick level backup
I'm Italian too.

Firstly, try running the backup agent exchange configuration on the exchange box, once its done, recyclet the backup agent rpc service and try backing up bricks.
For the restore, create a mailbox and then send a mail to it and then go to restore window, select the mailbox for the restore and go to destination, uncheck restore to original location, go to exchange server, highlight bricks, give security after right clicking on it and then point to the mailbox created in the beginning, recycle the backup agent rpc service and submit the job.
thanks Happiness is a daily decision

I can not set up the Exchagne agent to work properly cna anyone help me I am using arcserver2000 and exchagne 2000

Drizzits

Drizzits,

did you try the procedure I had give you...

Cheers

Speshalyst

So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

The solution was very different from what I thought. For my problem I open a issue to CA. CA told me that the full gray backup DO NOT support the brick level backup so, if I want to have both a full gray backup, that I use for the DR, and a brick level backup I MUST create two different jobs. Finally CA told me that this function is a DAR.
Incredibile!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back