Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't save TIF file as JPG 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

callibeth

Technical User
Apr 15, 2004
US
I have a TIF file I'd like to save as a JPG file. But the options in "Save As" do not include the JPG format. I've converted the TIF image to RGB Color 24-bit (which JPG supports, right?), I have no layers, no masks to be removed and no "combine objects" option available.

What obvious thing am I missing?

I can create a blank JPG in same size and resolution as the TIF and then paste the TIF into the JPG. But as a work-around solution it's clumsy and tedious.

TIA for an answer to WHY.

Go to File-> Web Image Optimizer

That should produce the results you are looking for as opposed to "Save As" - assuming version 11 or higher. Older versions have different methods.

Thanks for the reply. I'm using Corel 8, and looked around for something along the lines you indicated. I found the answer under File -> Publish to Internet. The JPG was formed during that process.

Thanks again.

I am using an xp laptop with Internet Explorer... for some reason.. I have LOST my ability to RIGHT CLICK... you know normally you can save and do some other things with the right click ...

It is totally DEAD>.. I have run my Nortons Scanner thinking that I had a virus or something.. but nothing shows up.

I tried to reset under the Internet Options/Tools on the Explorer top bar but no options for the clicker..

any suggestions.

Thanks
Arianna
achrist@tampabay.rr.com

It is quite possible your "right clicker" died - this happens. My suggestion would be to try an external mouse. Most USB mice are around $15, and this will let you know if it is a software issue or not.

why not "export" instaed of save as...does this help?...bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back