Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant save shadow in Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

techtobe

Technical User
Nov 23, 2003
US
I have a customer who is having an issue in Word (Office XP). She is trying to place a shadow under a section of the Word document. She has no problem placing the shadow but when she saves the document and reopens it, the shadow is missing. She states nothing has changed on her computer (this started last friday). This happens on other documents as well.

I have done a detect and repair,logged in as another user and even uninstalled and reinstalled Office without any resolution to the problem. Does anyone have any ideas??

Hi,
I'm unclear what you mean about placing a shadow under a Section in a Word document. Do you mean you are using the Shadow icon on the drawing toolbar? If so, what are the steps you are taking to apply this shadow to the end of a Section?

Best,
Blue Horizon [2thumbsup]

Hi Blue Horizon,

This Word document is an application and it is sectioned off. The heading of this particular section is surrounded by a box and the shadow is desired under the box. The customer is using the shadow icon in the drawing toolbar.

Any help is appreciated.

Techtobe

You are going to have to be even more specific.
This Word document is an application and it is sectioned off.
Word documents are Word documents, not applications...so I don't know what you mean by that. ALL Word documents have sections.
The heading of this particular section is surrounded by a box and the shadow is desired under the box.
By "heading" do you mean theparagraph that starts at the beginning of a section? By "box" do you mean it a textbox? Is this a textbox that is shadowed?

Gerry

The word document is an employment application.

This application document has sections that are titled. The title of this particular section is surrounded with a box (I guess that would be a text box). It is desired that this text box be shadowed.

The shadow can be placed there but not saved.

Try the Shadow tool under Format, Borders and Shading, Borders tab. The Shadow tool you used is specifically for drawn object from the drawing toolbar.

Regards: tf1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back