Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't save pictures as .jpg , only opt is .bmp

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazebac

Technical User
Apr 16, 2003
US
When I am trying to save pictures to my computer I right click on a pic, (in this case, a picture of a book on Amazon) select properties, and it indicates that the file is a jpeg file, so I right click and select "save picture as" and my IE 6.0 only gives me the option to save it as .bmp which I can't import into Photoshop. Why would IE not let me save it as .jpg? Thanks

Delete your temporary internet files and reboot

This usually fixes it.

steam

The issue you describe, more often than not, results from the particular image not being downloaded completely. Sometimes simply refreshing the page (F5) will re-initiate the download of the image, allowing you to save the image (right-click - Save As).

When an image download is discontinued, the image header contents indicate image type (hence, type-JPEG). IE automatically converts the image to BMP when it cannot read the entire file.

I suggest the refresh because it takes fewer steps than deleting temprary internet files (which forces a re-download of the image anyway).

Life is a journey to death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back