Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't save new files since we changed server!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steffieg

Technical User
Jan 29, 2003
GB
Hi,
Our IT dept just changed our pc server from NT4 to Samba Server. I opened a new Quark doc but lost all my work as it seems unable to save. Error message reads 'I/O error reading to disc' Tried a few more tests but same thing happens.

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Stephanie

Resource forks damaged when the files were copied over to the Samba server?

Sounds to me like you are experiencing a permissions problem for the volume or directory (on the Samba Server) to which you are saving to.

Questions that must be asked:
Are other users experiencing the same problem? If not, verify their permissions and see if yours are the same. Also, try having another user that can successfully save from their cpu log in as themselves on your computer to replicate the problem. If someone else can log in on your computer as themselves and they don't have a problem, then your problem is permissions-related. (inmyhumbleopinion)
Can you save from other programs, but not Quark? If so, try to see what is different between those applications.

Good luck
David
Techpro Networks
Anchorage Alaska

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back