Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't save custom reports, custom reports missing after restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

jprny

Programmer
Mar 16, 2005
US
Hi,
I have had to restore a Peachtree 2002 Complete installation from an NT backup. I installed the software on the client and restored the data files on th server. Everything seems to be working fine except some problems with reports.

If I go into financial statements, customize a report, then click save, I don't get any error message, but the report doesn't get added to the list.

Also, custom reports that were created on the old installation are not available on the list either.

FYI:
- Happens when running as domain administrator also.
- Strings from the old reports are in the report.dat file on the network.
- Company opens fine w/o putting in a path, so I think datapath must be OK.
- I reindexed; no help. Also tried repair; no help.

Thanks for any help.
-jpr

Sounds like the common error caused by the printer driver. You might try installing a generic driver like HP LaserJet 4 and setting this as your default. Then try to cusomize and save. There are quite a few posts on the PT forumn about trying to clean up the report files.

Thanks for the suggestion, but that didn't help.

I'm not a Peachtree user (just an admin), so I hadn't noticed one more possibly important thing. All reports behave normally (custom ones can be saved) except financial statements.

Any ideas?
Thanks.
-jpr

I have the EXACT same problem!

I have had to chage the default printer in the past to solve other issues with peachtree, but this time it is not doing the trick.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Mark

I also have this EXACT problem - has there been ANY solution besides the printer driver change? That didn't work for me (this time) either...

I apologize for not posting the solution that I worked out when I did; now I'm a bit shady on the details.

Basically, I installed Peachtree elsewhere, grabbed the Reports file and overwrote mine. I was able to import reports that were in a backup, so I didn't lose anything.

Hope that helps.
-jpr

The Peachtree financial reports have a different format from other Peachtree reports.

Bill Couture
SBTBILL.Com

Has anyone found a solution for this problem? I have the same problem.

Hey what i would do is install Peachtree On a computer on the network and give the centrally located data path for the company data field. It should install the Report templates in there.

I uninstalled Peachtree from a machine and one of my users were like HEY i CANT FIND the reports. I reinstalled Peachtree on another machine and the reports came back. Try it.

If the problem is for custom financial statements:
1. Rename report.dat file in the Reports and Company folder.

2. Delete ALL printer drivers

3. Reinstall Peachtree

4. Install a Generic Text Driver

5. Copy Report.dat from the Reports Folder to the Company Folder.

6. Go into Peachtree and see if you are able to save the financial statement.

7. Re-install printer. If you have more than one printer you must reinstall each printer one by one checking to see if you can save a custom financial after installing each printer. If a printer is installed and you are unable to save a custom financial an alternate driver will need to be installed for that printer.

Thought of something else. In the design area there is a setup tab. This set up tab has a printer buton that lets you select a printer. It is possible that going in and changing that might help.

Bill Couture
sbtbill.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back