Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't run Server Server setup config util after PEP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jephph

Technical User
Nov 9, 2004
US
After installing the SU06 suite of PEP's on CCMS 6, I am unable to complete the required step of running the Server Setup Configuration utility. The utility fails at Stage 5 (Call-by-Call database). When I removed the new PEPS, I am still unable to complete the Server Setup config utility. Fortunately, this is a RAID system and I was able to retreat to the former configuration fairly quickly.
The error that I'm seeing is when it fails is:

Unable to start the backup SQL Server service SYBBCK_CCMSBALT_BS

Has anyone else run into this? Any ideas on how to proceed?

Thanks for listening...

I am having the exact same issue. I have our tech support looking at it but we do not have a resolution at this time.

If you are still having this problem- check the local hosts file on server and see if an entry of 127.0.0.1 with name of server has been entered when running config. If so remove entry, make hosts file read only, and run config again. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back