Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't run Access job unattended with user/group permission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 2, 2004
US
Trying to run an Access job overnight on a database set-up with user/group permissions. I'm using command-line options /User, /Pwd, and /Wrkgrp to identify the user, password, and the workgroup system file (.mdw).

When job is scheduled to start it is still asking for the user and password. What is it that I don't seem to understand here?

(Access 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003)

What's the full command line?

Ed Metcalfe.

Please do not feed the trolls.....

In the task scheduler the "Run" points to Access and the "Start in" is the following (a little long which may prove I don't know what I'm doing. "The prince has no cloths!")

"C:\Documents and Settings\Steve\My Documents\TESLA\Access Databases\Change Orders\dbUnattended.mdb /User Steve /Pwd password /Wrkgrp wrkChangeOrder.mdw"

The options on command line are effective only if you launch the access exe file instead of directly the mdb.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Thanx! I still can't seem to make it work on my PC in my office, but I'll try it next week at my client's site. There is a young IT techie-type there that might be able to show me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanx again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back