Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't resize images without loosing resolution 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

11design

Technical User
May 27, 2005
US
I am new to Fireworks and I need to place some pictures in different pages. The point is that when I take the original piccture and crop it to select the part I want the final resolution is horrible. Is there any order way those changes are supposed to be made? I tried just cropping and then changing the final dimension in Dreamweaver but again the results are bad. Trying with Photoshop I ended up with the same results. Am I missing something? All the pictures are RGB 72dpi and orinal size 400X300. The final size is supposed 623X322 (after cropping).

Thanks,

You can't make an image bigger and expect it to look better than the smaller image, there isn't enough information stored in the image to size it upwards, only downwards.
Basically, each pixel has colour information, if you expect one pixel to become 1.5 pixels, or 2 pixels by enlarging the image, then the image will become blocky and look bad.
I suggest you either find the original (larger) image, or re-create the image.

----------------------------------------
Sometimes, when my code just won't behave, I take it outside and make it listen to britney spears music, and when it comes back it's really well behaved. I wonder if it's suffering from post traumatic stress syndrome now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back