Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't reply to a user

Status
Not open for further replies.

naritomi

MIS
Oct 11, 2001
US
Hello all, I have a user who (all of a sudden) can't be replied to. She can receive messages that have been addressed to her but if she sends a messagse to me and I reply or reply with history, the message never reaches her inbox. If I track her message using the Domino Administrator, Tracking Center the utility reports that the replied to message was delivered. I think it's account specific and not client specific becuase I have opened her account up on her computer and my computer with the same results. We are running version 6.5.3 on W2K.

In user's inbox go to "Tools, Preferences" and make sure "This mail file belongs to" lists the user's correct naming scheme. This is normally the reason why people can't do a reply but if manually type in To: field it'll work. For kicks and grins if user's name is listed correctly just remove it and readd using the domino direcotry instead of manually typing it in.

Good tip above. If it doesn't do the trick, have a look into the ($Inbox) folder, this can sometimes play 'tricks' on you (Make sure there is not more than one folder with that name). To verify if ok or not, check in the view 'All documents' for verification. If not THERE, then something is wrong; Then the mail has not arrived...

Brgds,

TrooDOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back