Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't remove Page Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fresh

Technical User
Sep 14, 2000
US
Help! I've created a web site from a template but the generic page title from the template shows up on my pages. I've changed the page title on all the templates and all my pages. But the template title continues to be displayed on every page.

Anybody have a suggestion. I've looked at all the code on every page and can't find where the template page title is coming from.

thanks,
fresh

See if there is a link to another template... I have not failed; I merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

Hi,

On my site I had a similar problem when I used frames, that my IE title was always untitled. I got around this by opening the homepage in IE and editing the source code.

Yes, sounds like a frames thing. I tried fixing it in the code, but that didn't work. If you open the untitled page and click the outer frame in the frames palette (it must be selected) then hit ctrl J & title it.
Hope that helps

Try detaching from the template and modifying the page

I think there is a provision in the page property itself...

Check the source code to make sure that the <title> tags are set within an editable region. If they're not then this may be why Dreamweaver isn't paying attention to you altering them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back