Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant remove Exchange 5.5 from System Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendm3

Technical User
Oct 4, 2002
US
Hi Everyone.

I have already moved all my public and private data to the new 2000 server, and everything is working well. I am trying to delete the old 5.5 server from system manager. (as well as the Config_CA and SRS). I have read everything i could find on technet, and none of it is useful. When i follow the advice to use E5.5 admin to delete it, every time it only shows one server - the one E5.5 Admin is connected to. I guess, i need advice on how to force-remove it because there is absolutely nothing on that server that is left that is useful.

Can anyone help?

Thanks a lot.

Thanks for the info, unfortunately this does not address my problem.

The E2K machine is a separate server. Everything on is runnining well (migrated private and public stores). What i cant do is remove the old machine that is E5.5 from the system manager on the E2K machine.

Even though i could move all my private data (i used a trick to move public folders) my E5.5 server was never able to see the E2K/SRS serve in E5.5 Administrator.

MTA had problems that is actually documented on MS site (i posted here before) but it required a exe replacement that you can only get by calling MS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back