Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Remove Exchange 2K Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmsabatini

IS-IT--Management
Jun 16, 2002
US
I have 3 Exchange 2K servers in my domain, and I'm trying to uninstall one of them. When I select "Remove" in the installation dialog, I get the following message: "Setup encountered an error while checking prerequisites for the component "Exchange 2000 Server": 0x8007202B (8235): A referral was returned from the server.

The E2K installation log also has the following entries:
[22:14:00] Attempting to create the SRS DOB [checking whether SRS is installed].
[22:14:03] ScPRQ_ServerIsNotHomeServerForPostmasterOfNonEmptyOrg (K:\admin\src\udog\excommon\prereq.cxx:2683)
Error code 0X8007202B (8235): A referral was returned from the server.

The MS Knowledgebase mentions nothing about this error, and I can't find anything through Google either. Has anyone seen this before? I have made sure that this server doesn't hold replicas of any critical system folders (e.g. Offline Address Book).

Thanks!

Joe

SRS = Site replication Services, does that mean you have got exchange 5.5 mail-servers in your domaine. Because 2000 doesn`t use Sites in exchange but Routing groups. And if you have had 5.5 servers inn your company did you remove the SRS...??
Postmaster is the mail account default in 2000 to send and deliver e-mail messages. If you send a mail to a mailbox that is no longer on use you get a reply from postmaster. It seems to me that you dont get contact with the other mail-servers in you "domain"..??? Are you running AD on that server or only Exchange..??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back