Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't quit Visual Foxpro

Status
Not open for further replies.

amills

Programmer
May 30, 2003
US
When user accidentally closes the main form they are left with a blank screen they can't close. Get the message Can't quit Visual Foxpro. Is there a way to disable the X on the form window so that user can't click on x and close the form ?

Andy

Either set the CONTROLBOX to .f., make the CLOSEABLE property .f., or add code to the QUERYUNLOAD EVENT method to make a graceful exit (i.e. identical to the 'other' way to exit) when the X is clicked.

Brian

amills

Check the information in faq184-4277.

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Andy,

let's keep thing simple and add to config.fpw:
on shutdown do (program)

whereby I use as program (afsquit):

* afsquit

mb=messagebox("You want to close this programm",1+32+0,"AFS-SYSTEM")

if mb=1
close all
quit
else
return
endif

success and best wishes for 2004 to the whole community !

wilfredo

frebev

let's keep thing simple and add to config.fpw:
on shutdown do (program)

In my experience you cannot use this in a config file. Config files are used for setting up the environment ie: (TITLE = "My Application" or RESOURCE = OFF), you cannot call "on shutdown do..." in a config file.

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back