Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't program speed dial 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb250

IS-IT--Management
Mar 30, 2005
US
I am trying to set the Message button on a new DTR-8D-2 phone. I setup the phone and did a Dterm Key Copy from Matworx to populate the key data from another station. Everything works fine except for the speed dial buttons. I was instructed by our NEC technician to do the following: Conf, Speed Dial Button, <extension>, Conf. When I follow this procedure on a working phone, I get the speed dial number followed by a ":" and the extension and then it will say "set" when I press Conf for the last time. When I try this same procedure on the new phone, I do not get any prompts on the display, and the phone dials the extension as soon as it is entered. I have checked the Key Data Assignment in Matworks, and everything appears to be correct. Is there something I am missing here?

Thanks,

CDB

Make sure you have memory assigned to the new extension.

Thank you for both posts. I am pretty sure that memory has been assigned to the new extension. How would I check to be certain? I tried command 9000 as grh959 suggested, and it appeared to be correct. Our phone system was setup such that memory location 99 is set to f1119 and is programmed as a speed dial to our voicemail extension. I'm sorry that I was not clear on that point in my original post.

I am trying to set the message button, but in the process discovered that I cannot set any speed dial buttons. Thanks for your help.

-CDB

I just spoke with our NEC technicians and discovered that the memory was not set. Thanks to everyone who responded.

-CDB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back