Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't print PDF to HP4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 17, 2002
US
I am unable to print PDF documents to my networked Hp laerjet 4000 printer. It comes out as garbage. Do I need a new driver? The print server is a NT 4.0 server and my workstation is windows 2000.

Thanks

Do other documents with graphics come out ok?
I'm guessing no, so yes, you will need to make sure you have the correct drivers on your workstation. You can grab them on the HP site if they are not on the Win 2000 CD ;) ~Apex1x
Miller's Law:
You can't tell how deep a puddle is until you step into it.

Any idea which driver I need? I tried the PCL6 and the PCl 5e. There is also a PS driver but I didn't think I needed that?

Thanks

See if it says on the printer itself what type it is. If you are unsure, try the PS one.
Also, are you able to print other documents with graphic content from that same printer? ~Apex1x
Miller's Law:
You can't tell how deep a puddle is until you step into it.

Also, try printing same file from another computer on the network

Its definitely the printer because the same thing happens from every workstation. Do you need a Post Script driver to print a PDF? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Try to uninstall your HP-4000-- then re-install it! I just did this on a similar problem this am. I was using Adobe 5.05 on an HP-4050n and it took care of it.
ITEETH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back