Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cant print from any dos application

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackhawk

MIS
May 21, 2001
US
We are on novell 5 and some clients have a dos based application and they can not print to a network printer. It sounds like the printer is starting to print then it stops and nothing is produced. x-)

My first idea to look at is to see if you have captured the printer ports on the workstations. My might be talking out of my arse, but that would be my solution in a Windows enviroment. Being you are running a Novell 5 setup I might be totally wrong. Are the clients straight novell 5? Or are they win9x machines with a Novell logon client and emulation running? Sorry I can't give you more information. Hope this steers you in the right direction. All Complaints Will Be Routed To /dev/null

Dos programs often print to lpt1. In windows 9x you should go to the printer and capture a printer port. In win2k you have to use the net use command

most hp printer will not allow you to print from dos there is not a dos driver that will work with most hp desk jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back