Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Print 18"x24" Illustrator File to Acrobat

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpslav

Technical User
Feb 12, 2003
US
Hi,

I have an 18" x 24" poster that I've designed in Illustrator. I have Adobe Acrobat 5.0 and want to convert my Illustrator file to a PDF so that I can upload it to an online printing service to get a hard copy. However, whenever I try this (and after I've set as many settings as I can find for 18x24, etc), the output PDF always comes out with my artwork only half on the page (I just see a corner of it up in the upper quadrant of the 18x24 PDF).

Any ideas on how to do this better?

Many thanks, JP

Have you saved your PDF out of AI or Acrobat? If you artboard and page tiling are all set to accomdate that size you should have no problem. Are there any mask shapes that extend way off the artboard? BEHOLD! As Steve Jobs introduces us the latest in desk-lamp technology!

There are no masks off the page that would cause it to center incorrectly, and I'm printing to both PDFWriter and Distiller from AI.

I had some success when I drew an 18x24 rectangle at the page border, then saved as Illustrator EPS; I then had distiller process that and it gave me an 18.028" x 24.028" PDF with good centering. Now if I could get rid of the .028" extra I'd be a happy guy.

Thanks for your help. JP

You should be using the Save As.. command in the File menu. Then choose .pdf as your format. BEHOLD! As Steve Jobs introduces us the latest in desk-lamp technology!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back