Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Post Bank Reconciliation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim58

Technical User
Feb 1, 2004
CA
We are using Small Bus Series 4.2, and our computer went down while posting Bank Rec.

I tried Posting again & get the message "Incorrect procedure. Requested check 000002 was cleared previously"

I can go back into Reconcile Statements & see my Withdrawals are all there, showing as Cleared.

Is there a way I can force the Posting to complete, or can I edit one of the BK files with a Database Editer to reset things?

You'd better contact a professional, when systems crash in the middle of posting, all bets are off.

Jay Converse
IT Director
Systemlink, Inc.

Luckily I have a backup of the ledger from the night before and can restore.

I ran an Integrity Check on the damaged ledger and see the error "Operating system limit reached. Out of file handles."

When I checked with the User, that is exactly what happened during Posting Bank Rec.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that error applied to DOS applications ,ie. ACCPAC Plus.

W'ere running ERP 4.2 on an XP Pro PC with SP2

And 4.2 should be more 32-bit than 16-bit. Try editing C:\Windows\System32\CONFIG.NT and increase the FILES to 250.

Jay Converse
IT Director
Systemlink, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back