Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Ping from inside the network to an outside computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPCompounds

Technical User
Sep 8, 2004
US
There is a VPN setup for the office and I can connect from home and use almost all the files and programsI need except 1. It is a remote monitoring system for real time plant monitoring.

The supplier of the product suggested that I do a test to see if the communications across the VPN are working. I was able to connect to the VPN from home and ping all the necessary computers on our network.

But once in the office I was unable to ping out to the connected home computer running Windows XP Home. I believe it was still connected but I couldn't ping to it.

The communication between connected remote computer and the computers within the network is critical to getting the remote monitoring program to run properly.

What should I try next???

BTW this same program was running recently on a Win 2K box without errors. All XP machines seem to have this problem.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back