Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cant ping bcm400

Status
Not open for further replies.

modulistic

Technical User
Feb 7, 2008
US
K, so we lost power to the whole island for 4 hours and the battery backup failed. now I have the following issues:

I remove the lan cable from the lan ports and the lights for the lan ports remain lit. I have a packet analyzer and I get no packets coming from the lan ports. all the leds on the front of the bcm are flashing in unison. I cant log in with **266344. voicemail doesnt work, auto attendant doesnt work... probably a bad tray? the tray was already swapped when it was installed in 05, though.

so im going to take a look at the tray but I dont know how.. do I remove the black screws while the power is on? where is the plug for the vga monitor to look for errors? how can I be sure its not a bad hard drive. are there any other cards that could be acting up?

any other tips or advice?

wow. no! lol.

It looks like we are just going to get a nortel certified refurbished bcm and replace it for this customer.

so I guess theres a pretty good chance the databse wont restore?

man that sucks cause it runs on a PRI and im not too good with those.

You can normally see the core (MSC) version via BCM monitor or EM, but since those don't work I am not sure if there is a way via the telephone. If you can get into programming via the phone try looking under maintenance > version like a Norstar and you might see it there. Then if you know that is the version your backup came from when you replace the BCM you can patch it to the matching core version before attempting restore. There might also be a way to look at the backup file to see what core version of telephony was backed up, but I don't know how to do that myself..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back