Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't pickup incoming call by liftinh handset w/ headset connected

Status
Not open for further replies.

CGIS

IS-IT--Management
Sep 4, 2003
CA
Just received my new Plantronics CS70 wireless head set and HL-10 handset lifter for my Meridian M7324 phone
With headset connected the only way to answer an incoming call is to hit the ringing line number or the handsfree or intercom buttons - lifting the receiver does not pick up the call
It was the same with my wired headset
With the headset not connected picking up the handset would pickup the incoming call but with the headset connected it would not.
This makes the handset lifter useless for answering calls

Is this a programing problem?
Tried messing with the handset capabilities settings but could not get it to work

George

Plug your headset into the handset jack, then plug your handset into the handset jack at the bottom of the plantronics. You should be able to answer ringing calls when you press the on button on the headset.

When in doubt RTFM (read the friggin manual)

when you are using a lifter you have to connect the headset/handset to the handset jack out of the back of the phone, the headset jack out of the back of the phone will not work since it uses a manual push of the headset button to activate it.
with the lifter in place and a call ringing on the station and the headset/handset selected to handset the lifter will clear the hookswitch and connect the call to the headset base unit which then delivers the call to the headset itself.

using a lifter with the base unit connected to the handset cable is the only way to get walk-around wireless answering.

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

... I have a question that's similar .. currently a customer has all sets to AUTO handsfree, and recently got headsets. The problem is, they can't switch from the headset to the handset without unplugging the headset. Is this normal ? I haven't tried changing the handsfree setting to STD or manual, which is the only idea i've got. The headset they're using has no extra plug to put the handset in. (So I can't do the whole thing of plugging headset into handset plug and handset into output of headset)

Please tell me it's just that handsfree mode I was talking about before .. ???

Thanks as always ..

My problem was simply the connections
Follow phoneguy427's instuctions
i.e. don't use the headset jack on the phone

CGIS

Then they would lose the option of using the handset. This headset has no handset plug to put into it.

If you have the amplifier box like most headsets just change the switch selector on the amp box from headset to handset. since you have no handset the phone recognises that there is no terminating equipment on and flips back to speakerphone mode.

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back