Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Paste anything in Win2k 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkiser

MIS
Jun 10, 2003
US
Has anyone ever had the problem when you copy anything (.txt, .doc, entire folders, anything) that when you try and paste it, it just beeps at you and doesn't paste. I've tried to copy every type of file and paste it in numerous spots and just get beeped at. Also, can't drag and drop files anywhere either. The only function that works is to send files to desktop (creating a shortcut). The machine is running win2k professional, any help/ideas would be appreciated.

First go to Control Panel>>Internet Options. Click the Security tab and click Custom Level. Scroll and make sure Drag and Drop and Cut and Paste is enabled. If not, then copy something and open Clipboard Viewer (start>>run>> type clipbrd.exe and hit enter) Check all the windows (Window menu to change windows) to see if what you copied was there.

-Volkoff007

Drag and Drop and Copy and Pasting is enabled. And when I copy something it shows up on the clipbrd.exe.

I found that installing explorer 6.0 fixes it but then this causes problems with our terminal server not working...what a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back