Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant open my .aspx file with DreamWeaver?FPXpress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapbucket

Programmer
Jun 30, 2002
US
Hello:

I would like to open my .aspx file using Dreamweaver so that I can add graphics and effecs. How do I do this?

The .aspx file was generated when I made a new "asp.net web application" project. I put a button and a label on the form. I can run the project within VS.net and I get a standard output window with the button and label that are on the form clearly viewable and operational.

If I open the same .aspx file with Dreamweaver it does not work. It has no functionality, and the button is gone completely. This also goes for when I try FrontPage.

Do I have to be limited to the tools given in VS.Net to make my .aspx web page? Why cannot I not use other web developement programs, like Dreamweaver or FrontPage, to change and modify the graphical content of my .aspx file?

Thanks for the help,

Tom

that sounds like a problem for a Dreamweaver or FrontPage forum.

Kris

ps. shame on you for not selling out your soul to microsoft ([vader2]) and trying to use a non-MS product.

[lightsaber]

DreamweaverMX has full support for asp.net (as well as other server side technologies).

You're going to have to upgrade if you still want to use it w/ those pages.
penny1.gif
penny1.gif

link9,

I get this error when I run my .aspx from VS.net in Dreamweaver MX:
Error Type:
Active Server Pages, ASP 0221 (0x80004005)
The specified 'Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="OneWireWebService.aspx.vb" Inherits="ConsumerOneWireWebService.WebForm1"' option is unknown or invalid.

It doesnt appear to be accepting the visual basic code in the .aspx file.

What do you think? Have you tried to do this before? According to the guidebook it seems like it should work, but, try it, it doesn't.

Thanks for the help,

Tom

hehe!

I got it. You were right link9, it does support it. You just have to make sure you have the right settings in "define sites" within dreamweaver. Problem solved, thanks!

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back