Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't open files within Quark 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFDG

Technical User
Feb 9, 2004
US
My Quark 6 (on 10.3.2) will not respond to either the Open command from the pull down menu nor will it respond to the keyboard "command + O" buttons. I have to go to my desktop and double click on the actual files to open them up in Quark. I looked through my preferences but can't see one which would explain why this problem is happening. Thanks for your input!

You seem to have a bad install. Have you updated to 6.1?

- - picklefish - -
Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

I just installed 6.1 and its still happening. Any ideas? Do you think I could make a "script" to open files?

You've got a stumper. A call or email to Quark.com may do good. Are you still within the time period to return the software?

- - picklefish - -
Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

Hi Jimoblak,
Well once I also experienced the same problem. I tried to delete prefrences, and isolate. Didnt work. Then finally I have to call Quark Tech Support. After waitin for so long I got through and A tech named Greg or Creg helped me in this..he was really good at work. Now you can call and stay online ..as technical support is free. Hope will fix your problem if you call Quark.
Greg
In-Mart Design, California

Don't mean to get off-topic here, but I'm curious about what gregmark just said:

"Now you can call and stay online ..as technical support is free."

I just looked at the Quark website and they're still pushing support plans. Am I missing out on free support from somewhere?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back