Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't open 7.3 project in 6.52

Status
Not open for further replies.

crukat

Technical User
Apr 2, 2008
the pop-up kept saying is a multiple language document and must be opened in passport-

original was a 6.52 document- made changes in 7.3, then could not open in 6.52

...you cannot open a 7 file in 6, you either have to open it in 7 or export from 7, saving to 6...

...depending on document structure you may encounter problems with open 7 files in 6 via export from 7, as there are newer features in 7 that 6 doesn't support...

...drop shadows for example will simply disappear...

Andrew

hi Andrew- thanks, I have 7 running at home- when I export will there be an option for 6? I only saw PDF, etc. Is there another way to Export?- thanks in advance-Crukat

...file > export > layouts as projects...

...change version to 6.0, which can be opened in 6.5...

...however, depending on the complexity of the doc in question, i would check there haven't been any significant changes using this process...

...quark doesn't warn you when you export that certain features may not translate well, this is mainly transparency effects really...

Andrerw

thanks- it's a 4 page newsletter, and it is an assignment

i tried this- when I exported it says document is open, i am here at the office and still won't open the document-

this is beyond frustrating

...from what i can gather you have exported from qxp 7 at home to 6.0, then burnt to disk perhaps, to then open at work in 6.5?

...when you export from 7 to 6 it gives message of 'file is already open' usually means you are trying to overwrite a file that is open in 7, which means you have to save to a different name or location...

...ensure you also export to single language rather than multiple language format...

...another thing to be careful of is burning to disc a quark file you have open, which is the same one you are trying to burn to disk, this can lead to corruption...

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back