Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't move DNs through OTM

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSNewbie2

MIS
Sep 8, 2008
US
I am very new to CS1000 and OTM. The vender just reinstalled our OTM 2.2 software. Now I can’t make any phone moves with it. I would use Station Administration to go to the number I want to change. When I try to change the directory number, it comes back with “Error: Directory Number failed validation: DN 2268 not in Numbering Plan.”

It works fine when I go through the command line using LD 11, so I don't think the problem is with the PBX. It seems to be isolated to the OTM. Anyone knows how to fix this?

Have them come back and fix this. They did not complete the installation. You will probably find other things not working also. Like missing the CPND data block.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

First make sure to close all the windows in OTM except for the main one. Right click on System Window under your CS1000 system and select properties. Click on the Customers tab at the top and click on properties. Click on the Numbering Plans tab and add/edit the range of DN's.

Thank you mattfx. I will give that a try. We pay time & transportation cost for the vendor. That's why I want to try and fix this issue myself.

You shouldn't pay time & transport costs for an incomplete install. Your vendor should fix that for free. They did not setup the dialing plan in the OTM config which is an integral part of the install.

I started by using OTM and it was useless when compared to the TTY interface.
I went on the training course for OTM which involves next to no TTY at all. Since going the distance and learning the TTY I will never go back and I can recommend it to anyone.

you can add the office numbering plan yourself under customer number
or uncheck the feature validate numbering plan
both are easy and found in the help menu
either will fix
no really fault of technician just did not carry all config on upgrade

I was able to put our numbering plan back on to the OTM and everything is working now. Thank you everyone for your help and advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back