Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't manage a computer from PDC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptp491

IS-IT--Management
Dec 8, 2004
CA
Hi,
I have a WIn 2003 PDC and 2 Win2000 Workstations. From AD, I can manage one of the computers but not the other one, I get a message that the path to that computer can't be found. Also, I can't add any domain users to the admin group on local computer(the 2000 one), it says it can't find the domain.
Both computers seems to be connected to the domain and use the files and printers shared on the network, this problem only happens to one of them.
ANy idea??
Thanks

In Active Directory Users and Computers - Do you see a computer account and if so, what is its status?

I can see both computers in AD. I'm not sure what the status you are asking. It just says Sale1 and Sale2(for names) and computer in the Type and description is blank.

By Status I mean is the computer account eanabled or disabled(Red X). If there is a red x - Right click on the computer and choose "Enable account." If there is not a red x - you can attempt to reset the account to see if this resolved your issue.

No Red X and resetting the account didn't help.

Try unjoining the machine from the domain, then join it back. See if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back