Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't make changes to users 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kzrider

Technical User
Aug 29, 2006
US
I have CP 1005 on 5.0 and when I arrived this morning, I can't delete users. If I attempt to delete/ modify a user, I check the box and then "delete user", click OK on the "Are you Sure" pop-up. It appears to save, however the user is still there. This happens when accessing CP through a lap top connected to the hub. If I attempt to add/ modify a user through the server, I get the notice. "Client has no privelge to add entry of the given object class". This is also what I get when attempting to delete a user. Any help would be appreciated as we recently went from Octel to CP and I have not yet received formal training on this product. Thanks in advance.

Are you logged in to Call Plot Manager with an account that has administrator rights? Ususally the 000000 account is set up this way.

I am logged in as administrator with mailbox 000000 and have all rights/ full admin. I tried to make another admin MB with full admin rights and cannot build this either. I think I will reboot the server. Is there anything special that need to be done prior/ post reboot to insure operation? I have not been able to locate docs that show step by step reboot proceedures. Any thoughts? Thanks for the reply.

Have you checked to see if you are current on patches?

Vendor Had PEPS/ patches installed two weeks ago. Should be current.

kzrider...you say vendor had peps installed?do you have
access to callpilot at server level if so can you post
your peps?also look at hard drives to see how availiable
disk you have and post that as well.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

strmwalker,
Found that the dongle was the problem. Re-seated and the trouble cleared. This was after a warm and cold reboot. All works good now.

kzrider..glad you found problem thanks for the update
here is your star.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back